Wednesday, July 27, 2005
I suddenly had this wake-up call that my standard of English was rolling down the drain. Recently, I had a conversation with three of my primary school classmates, I felt kinda dumb and lost. Their English is like, Woah! anytime better then anyone here in CHR. Seriously! One of them used words like "escapades" and "effeminate" in normal MSN language. O.O The four of us used to compete when it came to English compositions and tests. Then secondary school came. They continued to improve and excel while I, the exact opposite. Then Brendan asked why I didn't go for the gep exam at Shu qun primary. I kinda regret but, ah well, I probably have a purpose for coming to CHR. Joanne and Vishal are still competing in the same school. I'm so lonely! And Hock's marking isn't very good. Today, he returned our compositions. And Evan's is like, anytime better then mine and Jo's, but we got higher. Also, he circled a few errors which weren't much of an error on her paper. I notice he only likes a certain kind of writing style. Today, he talked about us expected to have already built foundations of English in primary school, but some haven't even reach there yet. That's why we're either stagnant or deproving. He constantly says that our grammar is horrible. But that's not everybody's problem. Others might need more help in tenses or spelling or vocabulary. So by concentrating on only one weakness, we can't really improve. Even now as I type, I'm wondering what had happended to my vocabulary. My English sucks. That's all.Btw, Jan has invited my bro and I for the sonicfest at fortcanning. The REAL event. Brendan invited me to his youth rally this Saturday. I'm calling Jo and maybe Vien along. Yea, school's been hectic with tests after tests coming up. Raj has mysteriously taken a liking for 3-5 and turned on 3-4. =\ So anyway, got to go, see ya.