Monday, August 01, 2005
The bands are so professional! Miss mah pri sch mates!
Anyway, I went to watch a band concert at Victoria concert hall last Saturday. Vien had invited me. It was actually RGS's 40th anniversary and they invited RI and a JAPANESE band to play. They were like..WHHHAAALAMAK! PRO SIA! Goes without saying...they're SYF gold awardies. The $10 I paid was worth it, seriously. I recorded down, but unfortunately, it isn't a very good recording, Wanted to let our band hear and drool. Haha. The 4 conductors were all Japanese. The Japanese band was the best, so uniformed, they looked very smart in their suits. Practically all the girls had rebonded hair and short fringe. And none of them wore spectacles. Then they had individuals playing as well and this saxophonist came up and displayed her proness. The finale item was a combinination of all the bands. Very cool! They made simple songs like "twinkle twinkle little star", "doe, a dear" "I love u, u love me" and "It's a small world after all" soooo fantastic. Wasted the Jap band only stayed for 2 days. They left that same night after visiting the Night Safari.
After the concert, Vien and I went to BMP's church =P. The taxi driver sorta lost his way so we were a lil' late. Many roads were closed due to the NDP preview that day. It's so nice meeting up with primary school friends. BMP's really tall! Like a rugby player. From scouts, to swimming and white, to black. Trainings are 6 times a week, nowonder CHR's sports are so lousy compared to these good schools. And BMP also said that his class had racist people too, including the teachers. The teacher asked one of the Indian guys to 'dance around his coconut tree', then it's like, 4 Indians, against the rest who are Chinese, and apparently the Indians are winning. -.-" Vien's almost the same, only darker and fitter. No doubt about that cause she's in NPCC. That poor girl went into mud during a camp and had rashes all over her arms and legs. And yea, I just realised some schools do take the national plegde in different languages everyday. Interesting practice.
Hmm, Mom got back 2 white dwarf hamsters from Reuel, the only 2 white ones out of the seven. YAY! They fought with Squishy and Squeaky so we separated them. Very territorial. They're so cute! They hardly poo on our hands! hehehe. I named them Squiggly and Wriggly. HAHA! Lame! =.="
Cousins from Nepal went back today. Aww... And today is Shu Min's b'day! Haha. Wanted to wish her but I lost her number. 0.o
Aiight, that's it for the past week and today...
Ta ke.