Sunday, July 02, 2006
Hey..I was reading the Sunday Life section in the newspapers when I came across some footballer's blogs. It's probably really their blogs although I don't know if they had translators or something. There's a few like Owen's and Michael Ballack's, but Ronaldinho's style of writing is the most humorous. I'll qoute some of the things he wrote:1) June 7th: "Today we had a videogame and ping pong championship.
It was great fun...everybody had a good laugh.
This fooling around makes the team a more closely knit group."
2) June 7th: "Mineiro [a brazilian player who replaced Edmilson who had to leave the team] was born in Porto Alegre, he-he-he...how do you like that.
He's from my area [Ronaldinho was born there too]."
3) June 8th: "Each day is a day closer to the world cup, and it increases that tingling feeling in your gut. It's cool."
4) June 8th: "Now writing about Germany.
The city of Konigstein (I had to look at the program to see how it's spelled), he-he-he."
5) June 15th: "I heard that everyone gathered in front of the TV at home there in Porto Alegre to watch the match.
A big hug for everyone out there who's cheering for us"
6) June 23rd: "I'm having fun during practice. After the workout with Moraci, that slave driver everyone likes."
7) June 23rd: "There's something I've gotta tell you in this Blog, Emerson is still p... off because he finally lost a videogame. Hehehehe."
8) June 23rd: "Last night I played with Manchester United and won in the penalty shots with Gilberto after two games, then I beat Emerson 1 to 0 and wiped out his mythical invincibility! How could I not razz him about it."
9) June 23rd: "Bah. I was sorry about what happened to Owen in the match against Sweden. When his leg bend inward, I could almost feel it. It looked like rubber. Today I found out that he'll be sidelined for quite a while. Shoot, it could happen to anyone. Even to me. England will miss him badly. There's only one thing to do, keep your chin up and keep going."
10) June 27th: "I try to watch the games in which my team-mates play, but it's hard to cheer for one team when I have friends on both sides. Messi's team, Argentina, won over Mexico, but the problem is that Rafa Marques plays for Mexico.
Like the way I was happy for Deco and his coach Felipão, but sad for Van Bommel and Gio. Hehehe...it ain't easy.
And what about Larson missing the penalty shot on Saturday? Bah. I felt sorry for him.
But that's football. There's always the chance that your team-mates might play against you on their national team.
Well, I hope God protects us tomorrow against Ghana and that we play a great match and move on to the quarter finals.
Roaring fan support will be important.
Good luck to the whole world!"
Here's Ronaldinho's link if yall are interested =D
Btw, Brazil lost...sob sob! =((((. They didn't perform their best. Players like Cafu, Kaka, Ronaldinho seemed lethargic. Poor Ronaldinho had so much pressure during the last freekick. Ronaldo almost got it in but the goal keeper punched it out and Brazil was slow to follow up. Waaaaahhhh!! Why didn't they substitute Robinho, Cicinho or Adriano earlier!! The reserves even won the normal line up players. Dad says Brazil's probably stale after their club level championships. Brazil picked up only towards the end of the match after France scored. Zidane from France played superbly though! =D What a way to exit the Worldcup for Argentina and England!*sigh* The stupid german player podolski injured the argentinian goal keeper. The referee wasn't consistent too. Also, Fifa's bias man! Never let Shamsul into the top 12!! Hmpf! Right now, it's Portugal versus France and Italy versus Germany in the semi-finals. Italy was suprisingly clean in the last match. I'm sort of supporting all the teams that made it except Germany..lol! Right, that's it. Still sore bout Brazil not making it..lol! At least France really fought well la...
Oh yea, my cousins from Nepal is coming back...YAAAYYYYY! Cya ppl~