Monday, July 17, 2006

=S I didn't know it as well...


I reached home at 6.30, exhausted from all the walking and uncomfortable from the humid weather. However, the feelings disappeared as soon as I heard my Dad, Mom and Sis discussing about our roots. It all started cause someone had told my dad he looked like Luis Figo (Portuguese football player). Come to think of it, he does have some resemblance. Anyway Sis then shared that people thought she had Mexican, Brazillian or even Hispanic blood. All along, I thought I was just a mixed of Thai-Chinese and Northern-Indian, but today, Dad started telling us things we never even heard of before. My Great-grandma (dad's side) is actually peranakan, meaning we probably have Portuguese blood. My Dad's uncles married Canadians and British. Dad's father's side might have some British connections too. My Sis looks more Hispanic cause of her eyes but I think I look more oriental. At certain angles, I may look Vietnamese. Then I can look a little caucasian. And there was once Sis said I looked a little Korean. Sis has an olive-undertone but I've a more pinkish-undertone. My elder brother is the only one mistakened for a Malay most of the time. My second brother, however, looks really Thai/Myanmist. No one can tell our race. Even I get confused myself. No one has ever told any of my siblings or me we are part Indian. If we really do have Hispanic blood (damn, how cool is that!?), it probably explains my small petit size..AHAHAHA! =X Anyway, that's Dad's side.

My Mom's side is less complicated. They're mostly from China and Thailand. My Great-Great-Grandma was a concubine during the Qing dynasty. That means I'm a noble...that means I have blue blood...that means I'm a princess! WOOOWWW WWEEEEEE! The funny thing was, when I was in secondary 1, this girl approached me and asked if I had blue blood. I LOVE ME SO MUCH!...HAHAHA!..-___-""

About my relatives? Hmm. They come from all over the globe. Mom's cousins live in USA, Malaysia, UK, Taiwan and China. Dad has relatives from Britain, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Canada and Polland. And then there're those in Singapore. Man, my head's getting dizzy! Guess I'll end already. Hope Dad comes up with more surprises, Lol!


Kimberly David I looked in the mirror at 8:23:00 PM |

Back to Top

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com