Tuesday, June 10, 2008
I'll be putting pictures of my class BBQ***
HERE
***
when I use my laptop. But right now, I'm tapping away on my desktop in the office cos I have to answer clients' calls and all. Work work work!! I don't expect $$ when I help out in my home office. Well, that's how my dad started out...it's a long story! Hahaha! About today, I finished updating the Ad Hoc and Contracts book but I'll have to call mommy at night to clarify things. 3 calls came, 1 of which was redundant to the business. Don't you just get hate it when those people speak Chinese and do surveys and ask too many questions AND you can't speak and understand Chinese well!?!?! SO ANNOYING! RAWR!
It went something like:
(Translated as best as I can)
Me: Hi, good afternoon D&S Pest Control.
XXX: Do you speak Chinese?
Me: Not very well.
XXX: (doesn't seem to bother if I understand Chinese or not) Hi, I'm 'dunno who' from 'some really really really long chinese name' company. I'm calling for 'dunno what purpose'. (This was seriously all I caught from the first line.)
XXX: May I know what your surname is?
Me:
XXX: Lin is it? Shen lin de lin? (I can't possibly translate this line.)
Me: Ya *Gives wadever look*
XXX: And your name?
Me: Bao Li
XXX: Ma Li?
Me: BAO LI!
XXX: Ohh...you sound young, have you reached 20?
Me: Yes.
XXX: Are you working?
Me: Yes, you are calling my company's number.
XXX: Oh, then I shall not disturb you any further. 'And she says something nice but I can't remember'.
Me: Ok, Bye. *Kiaps the phone*
Daaaamn~ My Chinese is baaaad... and these callers are such a waste of time! At least I didn't slam the phone or cut the phone or try anything funny. I'm nice! Hahahaah!
After that, Uncle Beng Thiam came in and asked me to make an appointment. I wasn't too confident so I rang Dad up and told him. I told him about the crazy caller as well and he laughed. Heheheh! It's 6:23pm and I supposed to knock off at 5 but it's okay. Dad's not home yet anyway. I need more work to do if not I'll be so bored and start blabbering and spamming my blog again. Hehehe~ Shall end here. Pics will come later! =DD