
Monday, August 13, 2007
I was just reading some of my posts months back. I love to do this once in awhile for comparisons and stuffs. It's good to see how u've grown...deproved...changed... and whether u've stuck to resolutions u'd made. =P It's nice to laugh at how silly u were too. ^^ Anyway I caught up with a long lost friend recently on msn. It started off with Stef out of the blue asking if I knew a Darryl/Darrel/Daryl (Didn't know how to spell his name then). He had seen Stef wearing a CHR shirt and asked if she knew me. Dr Loke went like, "Wah, Kim so famous ar?". Haha! I thought maybe he'd meant some other Kimberly but Stef said he knew my dad's name was David. 0.0 Now it's weird if someone knows ur dad's name and knows u when u don't really know the person!! At first I couldn't figure out who and had no recollection. Stef mentioned he was good-looking and pro in badminton and could beat RP singles player and coach. Somehow he seemed familiar but I just couldn't remember still. Then when she mentioned his surname was Woon, I started to wonder if he was Uncle Malcolm's son. He was afterall receiving private training for badm and was super pro. I hadn't seen him since primary 5 or 6 (he trashed me already then.. Lol!). I asked my dad immediately when he got home and yup, it was him! Our dads played and still play badm tgt and that's how we got to know each other. I hvn't talked to him before though. So I was shocked he knew my name and school. Just when I thought the whole issue had simmered down, then came another shocker. Someone added me on msn. The email add and nickname made it clear it was Darryl. At first, I thought Stef had given him my add. But she said she didn't even know his add and Dr Loke wasn't close to him as he was under a different coach. I clicked on him and started chatting. He asked if I knew an Alicia Ong. Was she the Alicia (AOYP) who was in my orientation group?? I asked what her Chinese name was. It was indeed her! He said he was looking through her blog and saw my link. She's his secondary school friend. WHAT A SMALL WORLD!!! Hahahaha! When I was about to leave, he said he saw me at CCK stadium. Such a coincidence as I go there like only once a year or something on average! The last time I went there was with my cartel colleagues, around March or April. He said I was leaving when he'd arrived and that I was wearing a shirt with my name on it (SC shirt). I always knew Sgp was a little red dot but... not that puny!!! Hehe! I hvn't recovered from shock. So cool! It's super exciting for something like that to happen! Haha! So he's still very much into the sport and it's admirable how one can hv such deep passion for something for so long! =)I can't wait for next week! Busy busy!! Movie with class, with Jo, meeting Stef before she 'dies' in Vietnam. Lol! And I can't wait for teachers' day!! I miss seniors like Dennis, Kai Ming, Grace, Lalita, Syabil, Charis, Dorcas, Violet, Asha... Ahhhh! =D
IT'S CARMEN'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! CHOON'S AND SHERMAN'S WERE YTDY! ^^
